GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About River Valley Country Park
The River Valley Country Park is a proud winner of the prestigious David Bellamy Award for Conservation. It has done so after years of meticulously taking care of one of the most beautiful valleys in Cornwall, the one on which it sits. It is nestled on the point where River Hayle finds its northern course towards the coast. It is a tranquil destination where guests find peace and serenity.
The park is located just a few miles from the awe-inspiring beaches that punctuate the northern and southern Cornwall coasts.
The 18-acre woodland on which it sits is enchanting. It has trails where guests can take romantic strolls. Wi-Fi is provided in some areas. A shallow stream flows within the property. You can actually shop within the property…Make your stay here count.
What To Expect
- Outdoor hot tub
- Freeview flat screen TV
- Veranda with garden furniture
- Double glazed central heating
- Kitchen with Microwave
- Linens and duvets provided
- Beds made before arrival of guests
- Travel cots and high chairs at £7 each
- Pets allowed at £35 each
River Valley Country Park Facilities:
There are 3 hot tub lodges at the River Valley Country Park. Below are their details ;
- Willow Lodge Plus – 3 bedrooms, sleeps 6, outdoor hot tub, iPod docking station, fully equipped kitchen, one double and 2 twin bedrooms, full size bath and full size beds.
- Willow Lodge Plus – 2 bedrooms (1 double 1 twin), sleeps 4, outdoor hot tub, iPod docking station, fully equipped kitchen, full size bath and full size beds.
- Kestrel Plus – 3 Bedroom sleeps 6 to 8 people, outdoor hot tub, iPod docking station, fully equipped kitchen, one double and 2 twin bedrooms, full size bath and full size beds.
Guests staying at the park have two options – they can either prepare light meals in the lodges or they can eat out. There are more than 10 restaurants within 15 miles from the park where you can dine. Below are a couple of such restaurants and what they serve;
- St Aubyn Arms Cornish Steak & Ale House – As the name suggests, this restaurant serves some of the best steaks and real ales in Cornwall.
- Victoria Inn – This is the oldest inn in Cornwall. Over the years it has made a name for itself by serving the best wines, real ales and fresh local produce.
- The Godolphin Arms – This restaurant specialises in seafood.
- The Mount Haven – This restaurant also specialises in fish dishes. It only uses freshly caught fish.
- Harris Restaurant – If you are looking for a fine dining experience, this is it. It has a reputation of the finest local cuisine.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
Listed below are some of the places we think you should find time to visit. They are a representative sample of what you are going to find in Cornwall. We have also categorised them to make it easier for you to choose the category that best suits your holiday needs. Take a look.
- Nearby Beaches – If you are a beach lover, then there is no shortage of great beaches in the area surrounding the River Valley Country Park. Among these include; Marazion, Peranuthnoe, Prussia Cove, Penzance, Pisky Cove, Porthkidney, Peter’s Point, Godrevy, Hayle Towans, Mexico Towans and Carbis Bay. All the beaches are within 15 miles from the park.
- Where to go for family fun – If you are travelling with the kids, you will need to be creative. Kids get bored fast. Some of the places you can have a fun day include; Tregutha Downs Riding School, Cheney Mill Farm Park, Jeepers Karting, Country Skittles, Hayle Bowl, Paradise Park, and Flambards Theme Park. All are within a 15 miles radius from the park.
- Nearby Golf Courses – Praa Sands Golf Club, Hayle Golf, Helston Golf & Leisure Club, Mullion golf Club, Tregenna Castle Golf Course, and West Cornwall Golf Club.
- Beautiful Gardens – These are the gardens to visit for picnics and a romantic stroll; Trewidden Gardens, Trengwainton, Trevano Estate Gardens and National Museum of Gardening.
- Nearby Museums – The Lighthouse Centre, Goonhilly Earth Station, Helston Folk Museum, Poldark Mine, and Royal Naval Air station Culdrose.
- Cycling and Walking Destinations – Lands End and Marazion – St. Michael’s Mountain Trails.
- Cultural Hotspots – Minack Theatre, Hall of Cornwall, Porthminster Gallery, and Starfish Gallery.
Welcome to the River Valley Country Park