GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Whitemead Forest Park
Deep in the glorious hillsides of Gloucestershire lies a hidden gem. Its name is Whitemead Forest Park. The park prides itself as the place where people looking to unwind and relax go. Its wooden lodges, open countryside, rolling hills and modern facilities make it the destination to beat in Gloucestershire. It is part of the Go Active Breaks Collection that combines its rural setting with awesome customer care and a host of holiday activities to deliver a memorable holiday.
If you are an adrenaline junkie, you will find this holiday spot especially interesting. Among the activities that you can engage in during your stay here include body zorbing, fencing, archery, tree climbing, canoeing, kayaking, zip lining, off-roading and many more.
For those that are just out to relax, you can immerse yourself into pleasurable activities such as soaking in heated pools, visiting the sauna and steam room, or having your hair and nails done at the health and beauty salon.
What To Expect
- Heated swimming pool
- Al fresco dining
- Family entertainment
- Wi-Fi access
- Games such as archery, fencing , chess, tennis, and table tennis
- Steam room and sauna
- Barbecue facilities for hire
- Children’s outdoor play area
- Beauty, health and fitness centre
- A Go Juniors Program for children between 3 and 7 years
Whitemead Forest Park Facilities:
There are a total of 5 holiday accommodations at Whitemead Forest Park. Their weekly rates range from £426 to £498. They are all fitted with the latest hospitality industry-graded amenities. Below is a breakdown of the hot tub accommodations;
- Log Cabin – sleeps 4, verandah with furniture, bath/overhead shower, 1 master double and 1 twin
- Premier Apartment – Sleeps 6, open plan kitchen/dining area/lounge, ground and 1st floor, deck with furniture on the ground floor, julliete windows on 1st
- Woodland Lodge – Flat screen TV, sleeps 6, veranda with garden furniture, countryside views, bath/shower, open plan living, ensuite shower in master double.
- Bungalow – Barbecue, garden, pets not allowed, patio with furniture, 1 master double, 2 twin.
- Log Cabin 3 – Veranda with furniture, lake views, bath/shower, two-storey, 1 master, 1 twin.
You are probably looking for a self-catering break. But even on such a break, you will also want to have someone else do your cooking for example during special occasions. This is why Whitemead Forest Park lodges not only provide fully equipped kitchens but also have several restaurants in its vicinity. Below are the most noteworthy.
- Forest Restaurant – This restaurant is set within the park. It offers varied menu that is affordable even by large families. You can either make a reservation or pre-order your food. For those that just want to pop in and eat whatever that is on offer, you will also not be disappointed. Expect eclectic delicacies such as beef burgers with toppings such as jalapeno, stilton, roasted vegetables and red onion. Other delicacies you will sample here include Mexican chicken, the Foresters mixed grill and their signature dish – Whitemead mega ribs
- Sunday Family Carverys – This is where you take your partner, kids and friends to have a meal in a laid back environment. Among the delicacies that you can expect to sample here include; bread-crumbed garlic mushrooms, creel prawns, Whitemead’s ultimate nachos, bacon steak, gourmet burgers and many more.
Attractions and Holiday Activities in the Area
- Camping – Among the most popular holiday activities at the Whitemead Forest Park is caravanning and camping. You can bring your kids to learn survival skills such as pitching a tent. There is a total of 110 pitching sites within the park, all of which have the use of the other facilities within the park.
- Glamping Pods – These are the eco-friendly alternative to tents. You will stay in lodge-style accommodation at heavily discounted rates. These are especially popular with guests on a lean budget, college kids, and lovers that want to get up-close and cosy.
- Nearby Attractions – Among the attractions that we advise you visit include; Clearwell Caves, Dean Forest Railway, National Waterways Museum, Three Choirs Vineyard, Butterfly Zoo and the Amazing Hedge Puzzle, Kingfisher Cruises and Whitecliff off-road driving.
- Other Activities – If none of the above places and activities impress you, perhaps you need to try the following; live band entertainment, family discos, chess, tennis, basketball, football, arcade games and board games.
Whitemead Forest Park is a place where there is something for everyone. So, pack your bags and head to this fantastic holiday destination. You will make fond memories there!