GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Penllwyn Lodges
Looking for variety and contrast during your holiday? So does everybody else. Few however can honestly say they have found this in any of the destination they have visited.
So why don’t you try Penllwyn Lodges, a holiday spot that is ideally located halfway between Newton and Welshpool and about 3 miles from Montgomery for a change? Here, variety is guaranteed. You will not just be soaking in a hot tub and cycling through the woods. You will actually do this and more.
You can fish in the nearby River Severn, hike up the Welsh Mountains, explore the marvels of Dovey Valley and take photos of the awesome Cardigan Bay. Other activities you can try are golfing in an onsite 9-hole golf course and sampling local fresh produce at an adjacent restaurant.
If you feel like local company, you will find it in the village 2 miles from the lodges. People here always go out of their way to make the guests feel welcome. They can even give you directions to the most popular attractions and if you are lucky, they will even accompany you.
What To Expect
- A restaurant and a golf clubhouse
- Golf packages
- 9-hole golf course
- Children’s adventure area
- A souvenir’s shop
- Outdoor hot tub in the VIP lodge
- Kitchen with fridge and microwave
- No smoking in all the lodges
- Pets welcome at an additional small fee
- Highchairs and travelling cots available at additional fee
- Lodges with disability access (Squirrels Drey and Penllwyn Foxglove)
Penllwyn Lodges Facilities:
The Log Cabins
There are a total of 17 log cabins at Penllwyn Lodges. One of the lodges (Cedars VIP) features an outdoor hot tub. In some of the lodges, you will be allowed to bring your pets at additional fee. The cabins can host between 2 and 8 guests and are thus ideal for both couples on a romantic break and large families out to have fun in the countryside.
The Penllwyn lodges look like an idyllic village from the past. The wooden cabins are clustered near to each other and are separated by narrow pathways. From the moment you step into the park, you feel like you are walking into a 17th century where everybody knows everybody. It is one of the best feelings you can have.
Of course you can cook your own meals in the lodge’s kitchen. But why don’t you venture out of the lodges and see what the surrounding neighbourhood has to offer.
- Local Attractions
- There are numerous attractions that you should visit during your stay at Penllwyn Lodges. Your holiday can never be complete without visiting at least half of them. Take a look at the most popular below;
- Historical Attractions – Acton Burnell Castle in Shrewsbury, Powis Castle in Welshpool, and the Powysland Museum in Welshpool.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Underhill Riding Stables in Llandrindod Wells, Ustrike Newton in Newton and Welshpool Golf Club in Welshpool.
- Where to Have a Great Day Out – Try the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway in Welshpool. You are bound to have fun sightseeing the spectacular Bawny Valley. While at it, why don’t you also pop into one of the many tearooms and have some homemade cake.
- Great Locations for Cycling and Walking – Try the 15-mile Kerry Ridgeway in Newtown or the Guided Tour of Shropshire in Picklescott.
- Towns Worth Seeing – The idyllic town of Llanidloes in Powys is a must see for all the guests staying at Penllwyn Lodges. It offers beautiful mountain paths for hiking and cycling. The spellbinding Welsh countryside gives you the perfect holiday feel. The town has also become popular as a culture hub. It is for this reason that it won the Fairtrade Town award in 2006.