Brecon Beacons National Park, Powys, South Wales
out of 10
Deep in the protected forests at the edge of Brecon Beacons National Park sits a rural holiday park known as the Heronstone Lodges. Now if there was a paradise meant for romantic breaks, this is it. It is beautiful and special. It gives an ideal setting for love to blossom and grow.
Just a few minutes’ walk away are numerous towns with shops, pubs, and quaint little villages. Here, you get a feel of country living. The air is fresh, the food home cooked and the log cabins warm and cosy. They even feature outdoor hot tubs for you to spend time relaxing in the evening after a long day.
Popular holiday activities at the park include; hill walking, fishing and nature walks among others. You will also get a chance to visit waterfalls, ancient railways, rolling hills and well-manicured gardens. The park oozes with charm and the lodges are equipped to meet all your holiday needs.
What to Expect
The Log Cabins
There are a total of 8 log cabins at Heronstone Lodges which can sleep as little as 2 people and as many as 6 people. They are ideal for families out on a holiday break as well as couples looking for a romantic escape. All the VIP lodges feature outdoor hot tubs. They also feature a garden area where guests can relax during the warmer months.
Unfortunately Heronstone Lodges do not have pet facilities.
A stay in Heronstone Lodges not only gives you a chance to try your hand at cooking in the lodge’s kitchen but also explore other culinary experiences in the Welsh countryside. Give your taste buds something new to sample.
Try new ingredients from the local markets. The local produce is sold fresh. You can even enlist the help of the locals in trying to prepare a meal that most resembles what they serve in their homes. Holidays are about new and exciting experiences and whether you are a foodie or not, you would love to sample what Wales have to offer.
Local Attractions (All the attractions are within a 20 mile radius from the Heronstone Lodges)
Whether you love shopping, exploring idyllic villages, cycling in the woodlands or sightseeing old monuments; the area surrounding the Heronstone Lodges have plenty of such locations that will keep you engaged throughout your holiday. Below are the most popular attractions nearby;
- Historical Attractions – Rhondda Heritage Park Museum, Carreg Cennen Castle, Brecon Cathedral, and Brecknock Museum.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – The National Botanic Garden of Wales, Brecon Beacons National Park and Aberglasney Gardens.
- Nearby Beach – You are welcome to visit the Southerndown Beach in Bridgend. The beach is flanked by farmland on one end and the famous Heritage Coastal Path that leads to a castle high on the cliffs. The beach is popular with sunbathing, canoeing and surfing enthusiasts.
- Where to Go Cycling or Hiking – The Taff Trail in Cardiff Bay is by far the most popular trail for hiking and cycling. The trail stretches all the way from Cardiff Bay to the idyllic market town of Brecon. The trail has no traffic. It runs along old canals, tramways and railway lines in a setup that features many historical monuments.
- Other Attractions – Brecknock Farmers Market in Brecon and Brynaman Cinema in Carmarthen