Golden Cross Lodges
Chiddingly, Nr Eastbourne, East Sussex
out of 10
They overlook the beguiling South Downs. They are superbly located just a short drive from Eastbourne. Golden Cross Lodges are an ideal place to relax after a long day exploring the little quaint villages, market towns, and beaches of East Sussex.
Near the lodges, you will find pubs that offer the culinary exploits of Sussex at heavily discounted rates. While at it, why don’t you also sample the real ales and enjoy the music on play?
Other facilities that will make your hot tub break even more memorable include the outdoor hot tub in the lodges as well as the nearby championship golf course spa facilities and swimming pools. Make sure you venture into Brighton, Lewes and Glyndebourne.
What To Expect
There are 3 hot tub lodges at the Golden Cross Lodges. These are;
- Selby Lodge Plus – sleeps 4, bath/shower, open plan dining/living room, Outdoor hot tub, 1 master double and 1 twin.
- Nordon Lodge Plus – One double and one twin, sleeps 4, patio doors opening to outdoor hot tub, shower, open plan living.
- Oakwood Lodge – One double and one twin, sleeps 4, outdoor hot tub, open plan living, shower.
For your dining needs, you can either prepare a light meal in your lodge or go to the on-site restaurant for a sumptuous meal prepared with locally produced ingredients.
Things to Do
There are tens of holiday activities that you can engage in while staying at the Golden Cross Lodges. The lodges are surrounded by a host of high-end facilities that will ensure you have an adventure-filled hot tub break. Below are some of the most popular activities;
- Water sports – Among the water sports that you will enjoy include; sailing, boat riding, swimming and surfing
- Nature – You can either cycle or walk into the woods and open countryside surrounding the lodges
- Shopping and fine dining – There are tens of restaurants and pubs where you will sample some of the best home cooked meals in the UK. The surrounding towns will also give you options of buying souvenirs, clothes, groceries and many other items that you may need during your stay here.
- Winter sports – It is a destination for all seasons. Come with your skiing equipment.
- Spa – Sauna, steam rooms, health spa and outdoor hot tubs are some of the facilities available for you.
- Other Attractions – Beachy Head, Birling Gap, Royal Hippodrome Theatre, East Sussex Falconry, Sovereign Harbour Marina, Redoubt Fortress and Military Museum, Museum of Shops, Towner, Eastbourne Pier, Devonshire Park Theatre, and Boat Tours.