GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Oakdene Forest
If you know Go Active Breaks Collection, then you know they leave nothing to chance. Oakdene Forest is part of this collection. This park is a gem set in the midst of the picture perfect Castleman Trailway and New Forest. It is the sort of place you take your break, and make fond memories.
The park is in the middle of everything. For example, you will be just a few miles from attractions such as Poole and Bournemouth Beaches, Go Ape, Paultons Park, Peppa Pig World, and many more. Your holiday activities will include body zorbing, swimming, sunbathing, cycling, walking, shopping, archery and exercising in the onsite gym.
What To Expect
- Outdoor hot tub
- Amusement parks
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Horse riding
- Indoor heated pool
- Go Spa
- The Acorn Bar and Restaurant
- Steam room and sauna
- Off-road adventures
- Crazy golf
Oakdene Forest Facilities:
The Oakdene Forest Park has a total of 16 accommodations that can sleep between 4 and 8 guests. Note that all the lodges are equipped with entertainment facilities, bathing and bedroom facilities as well as a kitchen. If you are travelling with a pet, then you will need to book an accommodation that allows pets.
Whether you love cooking your own food or eating out, you can rest assured that at Oakdene Park, you will have the best of both worlds. You can go shop for locally produced ingredients and prepare your meals in the kitchen or you can venture out and sample all the tastes to be enjoyed in the South of England. Below are some of the most popular local restaurants and what they specialise in;
- Berties of Highcliffe Fish and Chips in Highcliffe about 8.5 miles away – Fish and chips.
- La Fosse at Cranbourne in Wimbourne about 8.0 miles away – Traditional English food with some international influence.
- The Corner Restaurant in Swanage about 14.6 miles away – Seasonal menus and freshly caught fish.
- Cauldron Bistro in Swanage about 14.6 miles away – French cuisine and some seafood including; prawns, lobsters, scallopes, dover sole and crabs.
- Ciao Restaurant in Bournemouth about 6.1 miles away – Specialty dishes that includes; pasta, pizza, chicken, mussels, steak and sea bass.
- Coriander in Bournemouth about 6.3 miles away – Expect to sample Mexican and vegetarian dishes here.
- Landmarc Restaurant Theatre in Bournemouth about 6.4 miles away – This is the best restaurant to have a romantic dinner.
- Da Vinci’s Warehouse Brasserie in Poole about 8.8 miles away – This restaurant’s specialty is in seafood.
- Hox Brasserie in Salisbury about 18.2 miles away – You will be served with original Indian cuisine.
Local Attractions (all within 20 miles from Oakdene Forest)
- Historical Attractions – Brownsea Island Castle, Highcliffe Castle, Museum of Electricity, The Needles Old Battery, Salisbury Cathedral, Bournemouth Aviation Museum, Fort Victoria and Swanage Museum and Heritage Centre.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Surfsteps, TAL Scuba Ltd, South Coast Kitesurfing, San Gina Fishing, Bournemouth Surf School and Ocean Sports.
- Where to go for a Great Day Out – The Blue Pool, Putlake Adventure Farm, Gus Gorilla’s Jungle Playground, Paultons Family Theme Park, Model Town at Wimbourne Minster, Farmer Palmers, Oceanarium in Bournemouth, Adventure Wonderland, and Monkey World.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Furzey Gardens, Knoll Gardens, Compton Acres, Alum Chine Tropical Gardens, and Dean’s Court, Wimbourne.
- Nearby Beaches – Mudeford Sandbank East Beach, Aulm Chine Beach, Branksome Chine Beach, Colwell Beach, Canford Cliffs Chine Beach, Bournemouth Central Beach, Eype’s Mouth Beach and Avon Beach.
- Places to go Cycling and Walking – Wool Dorset Loop, The South West Coast Path, and Wessex Ridgeway.
- Nearby Nature Reserves – Brownsea Island, Arne RSPB, Durlston Country Park, and Studland and Godlingston Heath.
- Other Attractions – Odeon in Salisbury, The Avenue Shopping Centre, Bournemouth O2 Academy, Bournemouth Pier Theatre, Smugglers Hole, The Rex Cinema, Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum and The Mulberry Tree Gallery.