GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
Keldy sits in the awe-inspiring scenery of Pickering, next to the North York Moors National Park. The beauty, vegetation, and wildlife within this park is under the protection of the Forestry Commission. Expect nothing but the best that Yorkshire has to offer.
You will get to walk in spellbinding woodland trails and soak in outdoor hot tubs as you enjoy Yorkshire’s glorious sunshine. The abundance of flora and fauna notwithstanding, you will have quiet moments too. You will escape your daily hustle and bustle and reflect on your life. Make sure to bring the family too. This is a place where fond memories can be made. It is perfect for spending time with friends.
The market towns of Pickering, Whitby, Filey and Scarborough are all nearby. You can venture there and interact with the locals. Make sure to sample the real ales and homemade delicacies served in the local pubs.
What To Expect
- Outdoor hot tub
- Children play area
- Zip wire
- Ranger-guided walks
- A coffee lounge and a café
- Forest and nature trails
- Woodland views
- Sunning decks
- Log burning stove
There are 5 hot tub lodges at Keldy. Four of these lodges are also pet friendly. Expect to find facilities such as log burning stoves, decks with hot tubs, bathrobes in master bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms and breath-taking woodland views among others. Some of the lodges can sleep 4 guests whereas the largest can sleep up to 8 guests. You will lack for nothing.
This is your chance to try that recipe that you have been putting off. Guests make their own meals within the lodges’ fully fitted kitchens. To complement these, the management of the Keldy offers in-lodge treats that will include sweet bags, ice creams, fizzy drinks, champagnes, luxury chocolate pack, organic tea, local breakfast meat packs, continental breakfast pack, BBQ starter pack among others.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
- Onsite Holiday Activities – Planning an activity with the help of the team at the retreat, biking, treasure hunts, ranger-led hikes, survival skills training and much more.
- Pickering – This is a market town near Keldy where you can visit the North York Moors Railway. It is said to have been founded by King Peredus in 270 BC. Its mysterious history is something you would be interested in.
- Scarborough – This is a seaside town where you go to sunbathe, play bingo by the seaside, and sample freshly caught seafood. The town is also home to the famous Scarborough Surf School where you can also learn coasteering, paddle boating and figuring out tides and waves.
- Dalby Forest – The misty forest is ideal for hiking, walking and watching wildlife such as nightjars, badgers and deer. You will also spot ancient settlements within the forest.
- Go Ape – This is your chance to have Tarzan-like experiences. This facility boasts zip wire, Tarzan swings and crossings. It is the adrenaline junkie’s best holiday spot.
- The Harbour Town of Whitby – Go here to sail and get the stories of Dracula and Captain Cook.
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway – Have you ever taken a ride in a steam train? Visit this railway and you will get just that. The rail line takes a scenic route that will allow you to see the stunning landscapes of Yorkshire.
- Flamingo Land – This is a zoo and an theme park. Take the children there for a fun day out.
- Other Attractions – Other nearby attractions that you may be interested to visit include the bustling city of York, Castle Howard, Scarborough SEA LIFE Sanctuary, and many more.