Raywell Hall Country Lodges
Raywell, Cottingham, Yorkshire Moors and Coast
out of 10
East Yorkshire countryside is beautiful by any standard. The county offers miles upon miles of lush countryside to explore. Now in this beautiful setting is a 26-acre park known as Raywell Hall Country Lodges Park. Here, bespoke holiday packages on offer allow you to enjoy the Yorkshire hospitality and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. You are going to unwind…of that, you can be sure.
Formerly, the park used to be the grounds of a 19th century manor located at the base of Yorkshire Wold Way. Over the recent past, it has been converted into one of the premiere break destinations for those looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience. It has won awards such as David Bellamy Gold Award for its efforts in conservation.
The park is surrounded by idyllic towns and picture-perfect villages where you will be able to meet with locals in the pubs and restaurants. Make sure to make the best of your stay here – chances like this do not happen often.
What To Expect
The Log Cabins
The log cabins that you will stay in are equipped to kick-start what will be your best holiday ever. They all feature hot tubs and patios with furniture to introduce you to country living. There are a total of 8 log cabins at Raywell Hall.
The cabins can sleep as little as 2 people to as many as 6 people. The cabins are customised to host both large families on holiday as well as couples on a romantic break. They feature fully equipped kitchens, spacious living rooms with the latest entertainment equipment and bedrooms with queen-sized beds covered with duvets and cotton linens.
There are obviously so many things to do in the area surrounding the Raywell Hall Country Lodges. One of the holiday activities is sampling as many culinary options as possible. And the Cottingham region where the Raywell Hall is located will not disappoint. Below are some of the most celebrated eateries in the area.
- Med Pizzeria Ristorante & Bar – This restaurant is located in Hornsea about 16.7 miles from the Raywell Hall Country Lodges. It specialises in Italian fare with an English twist. You will have the best of both countries here.
- Elio’s Restaurant – This restaurant is located at Barton-upon-Humber, about 6.0 miles away from Raywell Hall Country Lodges. Its specialty is French and Italian classic fare. The restaurant uses freshly caught fish and local produce.
- Winteringham Fields – Located in Winteringham about 6.5 miles away from the Raywell Hall Country Lodges, the Wintering Fields is located in a 16th century manor. It bills itself as the place that comes up with creative recipes. It is a hidden gem.
Local Attractions (All within 20 miles from Raywell Hall Country Lodges)
Below is a list of the local attractions that you must not miss during your stay in the Raywell Hall Country Lodges. The trick is to find a category(s) that interest you and visit as many of the destinations listed as is possible.
- Historical Attractions – Wilberforce House, Skipsea Castle, Beverley Minster, Spurn Lightship, Beverley Saturday Market, the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Hornsea Museum, and Hull Maritime Museum.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Brough Golf Club, Beverley and East Riding Golf Club, Beverley Leisure Complex, Cottingham Parks Golf and Country Club, Allerthorpe Park Watersports, Cave Castle Golf Club, Lakeside Fishing & Caravan Park, Hessle Golf Club, Risby Park, and Hornsea Golf Club
- Where to Have a Great Day Out – Freeport Hornsea, East Park, The Deep, Humber Bridge Country Park, Beverley Races, Cruckley Animal Farm, and Honeysuckle Farm.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Stewart’s Burnby Hall Gardens in York.
- Nearby Beach – Hornsea Beach in Hornsea.
- Great Locations to Go Cycling and Walking – Beverley 20, the Ale Trail and Yorkshire Wolds Way.
- Nature Reserves – Chowder Ness Wildlife Reserve and Far Ings National Nature Reserve both in Barton-upon-Humber.
- Other Attractions – The Parishes Shopping Centre in Scunthorpe.