GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Home Farm
The name says it all. Home Farm. Don’t you think it sounds like a place you would love to spend your holiday. The park boasts one of the most rural addresses in the UK. It is located in Stillingfleet, York. It overlooks lush meadows and has an expanse of countryside. The Home Farm features Scandinavian Lodges. From the moment you step in you will fall in love.
The ancient and glorious city of York is just 5 miles away. The city walls, Minster and gates all reflect the glorious past of this city. You will get a chance to revel in medieval landscapes, sample culinary delights from yore, and do your shopping in little quaint shops.
There are tens of nearby attractions. Top among them are the famous horse races of York, Yorkshire Dales, theme parks, coastal villages, North York Moors, and NT Houses. Other accessible points of interest that you may like include; Castle Howard, Filey, Whitby, Harrogate and Heartbeat Country.
What To Expect
- Outdoor hot tubs in the Oak Lodge and Ash Lodge
- Pets allowed
- Beds made up with duvets and linens before your arrival
- No smoking policy in all the accommodations
- Kitchens equipped with microwave
- Triple glazed central heating
- High chairs and travel cots available for a fee
- Veranda with garden furniture
- Group bookings are allowed, but with certain restrictions
Home Farm Facilities:
There are 4 lodges at Home Farm namely; Oak Lodge, Beech Lodge, Ash Lodge and Willow Lodge. All the lodges can sleep up to 4 guests. The lodges are equipped with the latest facilities to ensure that guests are given maximum comfort. They feature outdoor hot tubs that allow you to enjoy the undulating countryside scenery from the comfort of your deck.
Whenever you travel, always make sure you get a chance to sample the local cuisine. Even better, learn how it is prepared. Traveling makes sense only if you can have new experiences. Below are a couple of restaurants in the area near Home Farm, and you can bet that you are going to sample something you have never tasted.
- Durham Ox in York about 17.3 miles away – Expect ‘a la carte’ food prepared with ingredients sourced locally. It also serves traditional beers.
- The Stone Trough Inn in Whitwell on the Hill about 16.6 miles away – On offer are traditional home cooked delicacies and a fantastic pub that overlooks the meandering River Derwent.
- Jaflong Tandoori Restaurant in Wetherby about 12.5 miles away – Enjoy Indian cuisine in the heart of Yorkshire.
- The White Swan Pub in Wighill Village about 8.0 miles away – Expect the best of tapas and popular classics.
- The Blue Bicycle in York about 5.5 miles away – This restaurant serves fresh fish dishes.
- Singers Restaurant in Tadcaster about 7.1 miles away – You will be served with English and Mediterranean culinary delights.
Attractions (all within a 20-miles radius from home farm)
Pick at least one attraction in each of the categories and go out and have fun.
- Historical Attractions – Aldborough Roman Town, Sutton Park, Merchant Adventurers Hall, Castle Howard, York Minster, Mother Shipton’s Cave, Clifford’s Tower, York Dungeon, Yorkshire Air Museum, Harewood House & Gardens, Royal Armouries, and the National Railway Museum.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Redwood Park Fishing, Sandburn Hall Golf Course, SNO!zone, F1 Racing, Whitford Golf Course, Go Ape, Full Sutton Flying School, Lakeside Fishing & Caravan Park, York Golf Range, Water World, Mega Bowl, and Allerthorpe Park Watersports.
- Where to Go for a Great Day Out – Diggerland in Castleford, York Races, the York Dungeon and Xscape Castleford.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Sutton Park Gardens, Beningbrough Hall & Gardens and Stewart’s Burnby Hall Gardens.
- Nearby Nature Reserves – Staveley Reserve and Upper Dunsforth Carr.