GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Laxfield Lodges
About 25 minutes from Suffolk Heritage Coast in Mid-Suffolk you will find the exceptional Laxfield Lodges that form an exclusive retreat for families on holiday breaks.
The traditional log cabins that make up the park are equipped with modern furniture and outdoor hot tubs to provide a rare holiday experience.
Outside the lodges are communal playgrounds where children can play as their parents enjoy a soak in the hot tub. They also have private decks with furniture where guests can savour the beautiful views of Suffolk countryside.
You will be spoilt for choice of activities to engage in here. There are numerous quaint villages, churches and medieval castles to explore. You can also drive to attractions such as Bury St. Edmunds, Southwold, Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh, and many more. There is never a dull moment here!
What to Expect;
- Welcoming pack of coffee/tea, bread, jam and butter
- Hot tubs (towels provided)
- Central heating
- Freeview flat screen TV/DVD/Wi-Fi
- Beds made up before your arrival – linens and duvets
- Highchairs/cots available for free
- Pets allowed in one of the lodges at extra fee
- Kitchen with; washer, microwave, fridge, and dishwasher
- Gas and electricity inclusive
- Groups allowed, but subject to restrictions
The Log Cabins
There are two log cabins in Laxfield. These include the Sunrise VIP and the Sunset VIP. Both feature decks with outdoor hot tubs. You can stay in the Sunrise VIP with your pet at an additional fee. No pets are allowed in Sunset VIP. Both cabins can sleep up to 4 guests
To make you feel welcome in the lodges, the staffs at Laxfield prepare a complimentary pack of milk, bread, sugar, jam, butter, coffee and tea.
Apart from being able to cook your own meals, you can also venture out and dine in the surrounding restaurants. Guests are advised to alternate the two, given that they may learn a new recipe in the process of trying out local ingredients. Eating out gives the guests a chance to sample some of the best local dishes. Below are the most celebrated restaurants in the area;
- Red Herring Wine Bar and Restaurant in Lowestoft about 19.6 miles away – With over 100 wines selections from around the world and an address at Oulton Broad, this restaurant is the sort of place you take your date to impress her/him. It serves exotic cuisines.
- The Old Counting House in Stowmarket about 17.0 miles away – The pleasant smiles on the waiters says it all. This is a restaurant that makes its diners feel welcome and comfortable. It specialises in seafood, but also serves steaks, game and poultry meat.
- Catch 22 in Ipswich about 18.5 miles away – Expect to be served with contemporary English fare here.
- The Cock Inn in Diss about 11.8 miles away – This pub has been in operation for 500 years. With such an experience, nothing should stop you from finding out why the pub has survived for so long. You will get personalised service. The food is awesome and the drinks flow freely.
- St Peter’s Hall Restaurant in Bungay about 9.1 miles away – You will get to drink beers from the restaurant’s own brewery. It also prepares food with local produce.
- Lady Florence River Cruise Restaurant in Orford about 15.9 miles away – How about a dinner on a cruise ship? The Lady Florence plies the Ore and Alde rivers. The cruise will usually take 2.5 hours during which you will enjoy eclectic dishes. Romantic, huh?
- Il Punto in Ipswich about 18.6 miles away – This is a French floating restaurant. The restaurant is moored in a marina in Ipswich. You will enjoy sunset views as you dine in some of the tastiest French delicacies you will ever find.
Local Attractions (All within a 20-miles radius)
Whether you love sports, studying history, going out for a romantic picnic…name it…the surrounding area will offer you more than you can take. Below is a list-by-category of the nearby attractions. Make sure you visit at least half of them during your stay here.
- Historical Attractions – East Anglia Transport Museum, Framlington Castle, Ipswich Museum, Sutton Hoo, Orford Castle, Bressingham Steam & Gardens, Museum of East Anglian Life, and Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Diss Swim & Fitness Centre, Anglia Indoor Kart Racing, Waveney Valley Lakes, Weybread Pits, Dunston Hall Golf Course, and Ellough Park Raceway.
- Where to Go for a Great Day Out – Banham Zoo, Suffolk Owl Sanctuary, Africa Alive, Easton Farm Park, Suffolk Odyssey Llamas, and Coastal Voyager.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – The Bressingham Gardens, Haugley Park Gardens, Shrubland Park Gardens, Helmingham Hall Gardens, and Wyken Hall.
- Nearby Beaches – Dunwich Beach, Walberswick Beach, Southwold Beach, and Kessingland Beach.
- Great Locations for Cycling and Walking – Brooke/Saxlingham Route, Diss to Stowmarket, Beccles to Norwich, Geldeston to Beccles Walk, Haddiscoe Island Walk and Walking the River Chet.
- Other Attractions – Snape Maltings, Woodbridge Museum and Halesworth Art Gallery.