Upton Lakes Lodges
Cullompton, North Devon
out of 10
This is one of Devon’s most celebrated holiday locations. It is tucked away on a 180-acre organic farm where wildlife, turquoise lakes, rolling hills and awesome in-lodge facilities blend to give you a holiday experience like you never had before.
If you have a love for the outdoors, then you have just happened on a nature lovers’ haven. You can explore River Culm, the National Trust site at Killerton, the city of Exeter, idyllic towns of Dartmoor and Exmoor as well as the historic town of Honiton. Even better is the nearby village of Cullompton with its badminton, squash, golf and tennis facilities.
The lodges at the Upton Lakes are fit to host royalty. There is virtually everything that you will need for a mind-blowing holiday. For example they feature fully equipped kitchens, beds with a fresh supply of linens, shower or bath options, decks with furniture and outdoor hot tubs among others.
Should you decide to take your break here, you are well advised to come with a camera and extra memory cards. You will want to record your memories for the future. This is a place worth putting at the top of your bucket list.
What To Expect
There are a total of 9 lodges at Upton Lakes. Most of the lodges allow your four-legged friend, but it is always advisable to ask about availability when booking. Most of the lodges are located on the waterfront and all have modern facilities. Of the 9 lodges, 7 can host between 2 and 4 people while the remaining 2 can host between 5 and 6 guests.
You can also expect to find state-of-the-art equipment in the lodges such as iPod docking stations and flat screen TV’s.
Below is a list of the restaurants that we find worth a look at in the surrounding area. Learn a thing or two about the culinary options that you find there
- La Petite Maison in Topsham about 11.9 miles away – Expect delicacies such as Somerset’s beef, freshly caught fish and Exmoor’s lamb.
- The Willow Tree in Taunton about 16.5 miles away – Expect traditional English and French fare.
- China Orchids in Cullompton about 1.4 miles away – Expect Chinese cuisine, especially from Peking, Cantonese and Szechuan.
- The Keepers Cottage Inn in Cullompton about 1.8 miles away – Their signature dish is fillet steak.
- The Merry Harriers in Cullompton about 1.5 miles away – Wine and real ales will keep you trooping back here.
- Jack in the Green near Exeter about 6.5 miles away – Devon’s seasonal fare.
- The Fisherman’s Cot in Tiverton about 6.4 miles away – This sits at the banks of River Exe and serves traditional fare.