Ruby Country Lodges
Halwill, Nr Beaworthy, North Devon
out of 10
At Ruby Country Lodges, large swathes of unspoilt countryside blend with towering pine trees to bring out the beauty of the larger Ruby Countryside. The enchanting landscape helps with the Ruby Country Lodges popularity, but it is the facilities inside that make them an instant hit with guests.
Bespoke furniture, spacious living rooms, fully equipped kitchens and hot tubs will make you a regular visitor at Ruby. There is nothing more enjoyable than soaking in a hot tub as the sun sinks in the horizon. Ushering the night sky with a bottle of your favourite champagne while getting your tired limbs soothed by the hot water in the tub is a mind-blowing experience.
During the day, you can explore the idyllic towns and marketplaces, dine in the nearby Bude’s restaurants, and explore the Devon countryside. Staying in the countryside log cabins and cycling through the woods is not your everyday experience. Make your stay at Ruby Country Lodges count.
What to Expect
Ruby Country Lodges Facilities:
There are 3 log cabins at the Ruby Country Lodge namely; Tamar Lodge (sleeps up to 4), Roadford Lodge (sleeps up to 6) and Metherell Lodge (sleeps up to 4). All three feature decked areas with furniture and hot tubs. No effort has been spared in making the Ruby Country Lodges a fabulous holiday destination.
“We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly” are the words of Anna Thomas. How true they ring when you think about missing out on all the awesome dining opportunities available in the area surrounding Ruby Country Lodges.
You are well advised to venture out and leave your kitchen at the lodges. You are bound to have a lot of fun sampling various cuisines available here. Below are the best nearby restaurants;
- Bencoolen Inn in Bude about 16.2 miles away – This is an 1863 restaurant that serves Spanish foods and real ales.
- Langman’s Restaurant in Callington about 17.8 miles away – This is the place to go for a romantic candlelit dinner. It offers 6-course dinner prepared using local produce.
- Decks Restaurant in Instow about 13.4 miles away – Sample the finest local ingredients here.
- Inn on the Green in Bude about 16.8 miles away – Expect awesome fish and steak fares.
- Elements in Bude about 16.3 miles away – Here you will be served with contemporary culinary delights.
- Brendon Arms Inn in Bude about 16.4 miles away – Expect the finest ales and wines.
- Bay View Inn in Bude about 16.2 miles away – Here, you get to enjoy al fresco dining.
- Mirchi Cuisine in Bude about 16.3 miles away – Expect a variety of menus.
- Sea Fever in Bude about 16.5 miles away – This restaurant’s signature dishes are themed around seafood.
- French’s Bistro in Chumleigh about 18.2 miles away – This is a beautiful restaurant. You can expect anything ranging from meat or fish all local produce from Devon.
- Tree Inn in Bude about 15.1 miles away – Here, you get a chance to enjoy real ale while watching sports on Sky TV.
- Carriers Inn in Bude about 16.3 miles away – Expect the best traditional dishes from the area.
- Life’s a Beach in Bude about 16.6 miles away – This is the place to go when you want to sample the best seafood.
There are probably hundreds of local attractions that you should visit. Unfortunately, your break might not be long enough to visit all of them. Our suggestion is that you pick a few that you like and then try to visit as many of the attractions as you can. Take a look at the categories below;
- Historical Attractions – Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre, Buckland Abbey, Lydford Gorge, Arlington Court, Torrington 1646, Castle Drogo, Bude Castle, and Finch Foundry.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – There are only 2 nearby sporting facilities, but they more than make up for lack of more options. At Active 8 Clay Pigeon Shooting in Liskeard, you will learn how to hold a gun and shoot it. You can also learn how to glide smallaircraft at Dartmoor Gliding Society in Dartmoor.
- Where to have a Great Family Day Out – Milky Way Adventure Park in Bideford, The Big Sheep in Bideford and Miniature Pony and Animal Park in Moreton-Hampstead.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Stone Lane Gardens, Winsford Walled Garden, The Garden House, Rosemoor, Lukesland Gardens, Cotehele Gardens, and Tapeley Park.
- Great Nearby Beaches – Northcott Mouth Beach in Northcott Mouth and Crooklets Beach in Crooklets.
- Locations to Cycle or Take a Walk – Meldon Viaduct, The Dartmoor Way Hiking, Ruby Country Cycling, The Granite Way Cycle Route, Sticklepath Cycle Route, and Roadford Lake country Park.
- Nature Reserves – Lundy Island and Marsland Valley Nature Reserve.
- Other Attractions – Atlantic Village Outlet Shopping, the Town of Bude, the pretty village of St Tudy, Holsworthy Theatre, Sterts Theatre, Yelverton Paperweight Centre, Morwellham Quay Museum, and Launceston Castle.