Ladram Bay Holiday Park
Budleigh Salterton, South Devon
out of 10
Luxury and comfort are the hallmarks of the Ladram Bay Holiday Park. The park is one of the top hot tub holiday spots in Devon, it has won several awards. For 70 years, it has been the perfect by-the-sea family holiday destination.
It boasts first-class hot tub lodges, awesome entertainment, and excellent customer care. Upon venturing a little outside the park, you will realise that Devon is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the UK. You will get to play golf, ride horses, explore the expansive Jurassic coast, find pebbles in sheltered coves and enjoy a range of water sports. It is a holidaymaker’s haven.
While at it, enjoy great meals and drinks at the Pebbles Restaurant. The views from the balcony here are spellbinding. Other things you should enjoy at the Ladram Bay Holiday Park include a gym, sauna and steam room, a café and a play area for the kids.
One unfortunate thing about the park is that it has steep gradients that may be unsuitable for people with mobility problems.
What To Expect
There are 3 hot tub lodges at the Ladram Bay Holiday Park. Of these, 1 is pet friendly. Below is a breakdown of the rest of the facilities you will find inside the lodges:-
- Pebbles Lodge – Sleeps 6, decking with outdoor hot tub, iPod docking station, hair dryer, fridge, dishwasher, open plan living room and kitchen, beds made before arrival, shower rooms and coastal views.
- Jurassic Lodge – Sleeps 8, complimentary wine on arrival, Xbox with family games, decking with outdoor hot tub, iPod docking station, hair dryer, fridge, dishwasher, open plan living room and kitchen, beds made before arrival, shower rooms and coastal views.
- Driftwood Lodge – Complimentary wine, 2 decks (one with outdoor hot tub), iPod docking station, hair dryer, fridge, dishwasher, open plan living room and kitchen, beds made before arrival, shower rooms and coastal views.
Your dining needs will be taken care of at the Pebbles Restaurant. It even has sea view shacks for those taking snacks before heading out to the sea or the beach. It has a takeaway desk where people can buy fish and chips. If you are not into eating out, you can prepare your own food in your lodge’s kitchen.
Things to Do
You cannot exhaust the list of things to do at Ladram Bay. Below is a check list of what we think every holidaymaker should experience;
- Visit zoos and wildlife nature reserves
- Take train and boat trips
- Visit the Dartmoor National Park
- Take a stroll on the coast
- Go mountain biking
- Explore the vast Jurassic Coast
- Take a horse ride
- Explore beach towns, picnic at beautiful gardens and stately homes
- Attend local events and festivals
- Take the kids to amusement, water and adventure parks
- Coarse fishing
- Visit historical attractions
- Enjoy a football game with Exeter FC and rugby match with Exeter Chiefs
Attractions to Visit
There is no shortage of attractions to visit in the area surrounding Ladram Bay. Among the most popular include; Crealy Great Adventure Park, Exeter Cathedral, World of Country Life, Diggerland, Pecorama, Becky Falls, Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary, Bicton Park Botanical Garden, Stuart Line Cruises, and Canonteign Falls.