Fingle Glen Lodges
Exeter, South Devon
out of 10
Dartmoor Edge Lodges are Scandinavian-style lodges located on the fairways of the legendary Fingle Glen Golf Course. It goes without saying that if you love golf, then you cannot find a better destination. The alluring Devon countryside, spacious log cabins with outdoor hot tubs, and excellent customer service at the park are all you need for your romantic break.
The lodges are situated next to the Dartmoor National Park. Guests will have fun exploring the nature trails and the beautiful coastline of Devon. What’s more, the lovely beach resorts of Devon are just 30 minutes’ drive away. You can also access the vibrant city of Exeter for entertainment and delectable dining.
While at it, why don’t you take time to learn a thing or two about swinging the golf club? You will probably meet other upwardly mobile people on the course and who knows…you might make lifetime friendships with them.
What To Expect
The Log Cabins
There are 2 log cabins at the site – the Fairway Lodge that sleeps 4 guests and the Fairway Lodge VIP that also sleeps 4 guests. The former does not have an outdoor tub but allows pets at an additional fee, while the latter has an outdoor tub but does not allow pets.
There is no holiday without changing your daily routine of coffee and bagels and quick ‘on the go’ meals. You need to really feel like you are on holiday. That is why we recommend the restaurants near Dartmoor Edge Lodges. Here, you won’t be eating burgers and chips, it will be real fine dining. Take a look at the list;
- La Petite Maison in Topsham about 8.7 miles away – Expect delicacies such as Somerset pork, freshly caught fish and Exmoor lamb. The restaurant is manned by Topsham’s best chefs.
- The Anchor Inn in Exeter about 11.7 miles away – For 400 years, this restaurant has been serving the best seafood in Exeter. They must be something right…there is no way an eatery can last that long without serving great food.
- The Kings Head in Cullompton about 14.5 miles away – On your menu, expect delicacies such as mussels and prawn cocktails,cod & chips, lasagne, jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings.
- French’s Bistro in Chumleigh about 15.9 miles away – Expect French dishes but prepared with local produce.
- Weary Traveller in Cullompton about 14.7 miles away – Here, you will not only get to sample local delicacies but also get nightly entertainment by the DJ.
- Lords Restaurant in Devon about 9.3 miles away – This is a 15th century establishment that serves Mediterranean fare including paella, pizza and pasta.
- Jack in the Green near Exeter about 11.4 miles away – Here, you will be served with seasonal fare. It is especially loved for its affordable meals.
- The Fisherman’s Cot in Tiverton about 10.8 miles away – You will enjoy a sumptuous meal as you soak in the mesmerizing scenery of the River Exe
- Gidleigh Park Hotel in Chagford about 10.2 miles away – You will be served with freshly caught fish from the Devon Coast. Chef Michael and his team will go out of their way to make your meal a memorable experience.
- The Five Bells in Devon about 12.9 miles away – This restaurant lets you get cosy and intimate over a meal. It is a great place to take your date for the first meal during your stay at Dartmoor Edge Lodges.
- The Merry Harriers in Cullompton about 13.3 miles away – You will be served with fine wines and real ales.
- China Orchids in Cullompton about 14.4 miles away – Expect to sample the best of Szechuan, Cantonese and Peking cuisines
- The Keepers Cottage Inn in Cullompton about 16.5 miles away – Enjoy a fillet steak meal in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Owl and the Pussycat in Teignmouth about 14.2 miles away – This is a restaurant for both meat lovers and vegetarians. It is frequented by both visitors and locals due to its legendary food.
Local Attractions (All within 20-mile radius from Dartmoor Edge Lodges)
Pick a category from the list of attractions below, and make sure you try and visit all of them. Visiting the attractions will be the climax of your stay at the Dartmoor Edge Lodges.
- Historical Attractions – Castle Drogo, Buckfast Abbey, Powderham Castle, Tuckers Maltings, Knightshayes Court, Finch Foundry, Kent’s Cavern, Bygones, Compton Castle, Knighsthayes Court, and Killerton.
- Sporting Facilities Nearby – CRS Adventures: White Water Rafting, Shilstone Rocks Stud and Dartmoor Riding, Dartrock and Finlake Riding Centre.
- Where to Go for a Great Day Out – Crealy Adventure Park, Becky Falls woodland park, River Dart Adventures, Living Coasts, World of Country Life, Canonteign Falls and Miniature Pony and animal park.
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Bicton Park Botanical Gardens, Dartmoor, Stone Lane Gardens, and Burnham Nurseries.
- Nearby Beaches – Sidmouth Beach, Teignmouth Beach, Broadsands Beach and Elberry Cove.
- Great Locations to Walk and Cycle – Exe Valley Ride, A Dart Estuary Walk, Sticklepath cycle route, Brixham and Berry Head Walk, Meldon Viaduct, Haldon Forest Park, The Dartmoor Way Hiking, The Granite Way cycle route, Grand Western Canal and Exmouth to Budleigh Circuit.
- Nature Reserves – Dawlish Warren National Nature Reserve, Exmouth Local Nature Reserve, East Dartmoor Woods and Heath National Nature Reserve, Chapel Wood RSPB, The Old Sludge Beds, Aylsbeare Common RSPB, and Escot Park Beavers.
- Other Attractions – Sidmouth Town, The Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World, Ashburton, Bickleigh Village, Exmouth Town, Northcott Theatre, Coldharbour Mill Working Wool Museum, Ottery St Mary, Dawlish Town, Tiverton Town, and Princess Theatre.