Tilford Woods Lodge Retreat
Tilford, Farnham, Surrey
out of 10
About 40 miles out of London lies the beautiful Surrey Countryside. Here, you will find the even more alluring Tilford Woods Lodge Retreat. The hideaway is set in an Area of Outstanding Beauty, near the picturesque town of Tilford. It is an ideal place to escape the bustling London and get some peace. Its serene surroundings make it a perfect getaway for couples, families and friends. Going by the quaint aura that envelopes its hot tub lodges, you will never suspect that London is not that far away from here.
The gorgeous park accords you the delightful experience of walking on scenic trails, feeding ducks, watching wildlife or just relaxing in a hot tub on your lodge’s deck. What’s more, you will enjoy al fresco dining as you soak in the alluring scenery.
During your stay, make sure you go out and explore the attractions in the Surrey Hills. This is the setting where the Gladiator and Harry Potter films were shot. Don’t forget to visit the towns of Farnham and Guildhall.
What To Expect
The Tilford Retreat has a total of 7 lodges, but only 2 of these feature hot tubs. And you want the ones with the hot tub right? Well, below are their details;
- Cobbett Traditional Premier – Sleeps 2, cottage-style, king-size double, spa bath, sauna, deck with outdoor hot tub, secluded, open plan kitchen.
- Cobbett Contemporary Premier – Sleeps 3, 1 double, spa bath, overhead shower, deck with outdoor hot tub, open plan living.
For your dining needs, you are invited into the town of Tilford where you are going to have a taste in some of the best Surrey delicacies. Look for a restaurant that have Al Fresco dining so that you can dine as you soak in the scenes and on goings in the town.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
- Frensham Trout Fishery – If you are a fishing enthusiast, then you have just stumbled on a haven. With 6 properly stocked lakes set in a wooded area, you will have fun trying your hand at cooking.
- Rural Life Centre – Located in the heart of Tilford, this centre is said to be the largest such museum in the South of England. It showcases tools and items that have been used for farming for over 15o years.
- Frensham Common – This is the place you go for a romantic picnic or stroll. It is a nice place to stretch and breathe fresh air.
- The Duke of Cambridge Pub – This is the place you take your date for a sumptuous fine dining experience. You will have the best tastes of local produce here.
- Farnham Town – This has its own attractions. It is a nice place to shop. It also has a direct train to London. You can leave your car parked here, go to London and get back in time for a session in your lodges out door hot tub.
- Birdworld – This is a 26 acre park that bills itself as one of the largest bird’s park in the UK. It is home to over 150 species of birds.
- Underwater World – Located within the Birdworld, this facility is a great place to take the kids to learn how to feed animals.
- Thorpe Park – If you are an adrenalin junkie, you can try the Saw Ride or the Nemesis Inferno. Kids can play the Angry Birds in 4D.
Fun is guaranteed at Tilford Lodge Retreat. Welcome!