GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Rookley Country Park
The stunning medieval castle of Carisbrooke will be the first indicator that you have arrived in the idyllic village of Goodshill. Just around the corner, you will see the rolling spread of lush green and wooden log cabins. You have arrived at the Rookley Country Park. You will find it hard to believe that such ethereal beauty exists but low and behold! it exists here in Goodshill. Welcome to Rookley Country Park!
The park is every holidaymaker’s dream. It is home to the sleekest facilities in the hospitality industry. It is the perfect weekend break spot for couples out to rekindle that special moment. It allows families to make merry and enjoy each other’s company. Lovers will find activities to do that will get them closer to each other. And most of all, they will share a hot tub after a long day as they watch the night sky change its hue.
Rookley Country Park sits pretty in the Isle of Wight, the largest island in England, and a popular holiday resort destination. Visitors to this part of England swear that it is one of the few remaining unspoilt English properties. Industrial revolution is yet to catch up with the island more than 100 years since it made its woeful impact on the mainland. The air here is fresh. Vegetation thrives unhindered and investor after investor is keen to put his money here. The island is a holiday destination extraordinaire.
What to Expect
- Outdoor hot tub in the Goodshill Cottage
- No smoking policy in all the accommodation
- Pet allowed in some accommodation
- Kitchens equipped with microwave
- Beds with lines and duvet
- Added sleeping for 2 in the lounge
- Bathtubs or shower
- Fishing in the 2 lakes
- Awesome nearby attractions
- Indoor heated pool
- Family entertainment
- Wi-Fi access
- A Bar with Sky Sports
Rookley Country Park Facilities:
The Rookley Lakes
Back to Rookley Country Park. It hosts 2 lakes – a large lake that measures two acres and a smaller lake that measures three quarters of an acre. If you are a fishing enthusiast, then you could not have come to a better destination. Beginners can use a float with a single worm. The lakes host different species of fish, most of which weigh between 8 and 15 pounds. The species include; Mirror Carp, Golden Tench, Rudd, Perch, Roach amongst others.
The Goodshill Village
Many years after your visit here, you will still have fond memories of the family restaurants, chocolate-box-like cottages, country pubs and terrace entertainment in the quaint village of Goodshill. What wouldn’t you give to enjoy the ancient English custom of drinking afternoon tea on the terrace of your log cabin? Meeting complete strangers and making lifetime friends is hard nowadays. This is not so in Goodshill. The town is so small that everybody knows everybody. Good neighbourliness and congenial relationships blossom and prosper here.
Accommodations at Rookley Country Park
There are 8 accommodations at Rookley. These are wooden caravan cabins of 2 and 3 bedrooms including Yar 2, Yar 3, Medina 2, Medina 3, Solent 2, Solent 3; and 2 bedroom cottages including; Wight Cottage and Goodshill Cottage. Note that each of the above accommodation can sleep up to 6 guests. They are ideal for friends travelling as groups, families or couples planning to share costs.
Attractions in the Area
There are numerous attractions near the Rookley Country Park. Take a look;
- Dining Options – Steephill Cove Café, Carter’s Bar and Restaurant, and Blacksmiths Arms all within a 5 miles perimeter from the park
- Historical Attractions – Fort Victoria, the Historic Dockyard of Portsmouth, Carisbrooke Castle, Dinosaur Farm Museum, The Needles Old Battery, Royal Navy Submarine Museum, Osborne House and Brading the Experience. They are all within a 15 miles radius from the castle.
- Sporting Attractions – Gosport Ice Rink, Ocean Sports, Ventnor Paddling Pool, Newport Golf Club, Jolly Roger’s Place, and LA Bowl. These are all within a 20 mile radius. It will not take you more than 45 minutes’ drive to get to this.
- Family Days’ Out Attractions – If you are travelling with the family, you will find these attractions worth visiting; Blackgang Chine, Robinhill Country Adventure Park, Isle of Wight Zoo, Dinosaur Isle, Butterfly & Fountain World, Amazon world, and the Blue Reef Aquarium. All the attractions are within 12 miles radius from Rookley Country Park.
- Picnic Gardens – If you love taking time off in the nature with your loved ones, perhaps you should consider Mottiston Manor Garden or Ventnor Botanic Gardens as your preferred picnic locations. You will have fun. They are just 6.6 and 4.9 miles away respectively.
- Awesome Beaches – If you are into beach activities such as snorkelling, sunbathing, swimming or building sand castles, then the following beach are near Rookley Park; Cowes Beach, Ryde Beach, Colwell Beach, Gurnard Beach and Ventnor Beach. They all within a 12 miles radius.
- Nature Trails and Tracks for Walking and Cycling – Brightstone and the Downs, Brightstone and Chale Circular, Woodside Beach, Sunshine Trail, and the Newport Circular. All the trails are within a 6 miles radius.
- Surrounding Villages and Towns to Explore – If you love experimenting with foods and drinks served in different localities or are just fond of meeting new people and exploring quaint towns, then Rookley Country Park will be your base from where you will explore; Newport, Madina Theatre, Chichestor Harbor Water, Cowes, Ventnor, and Gunwharf Quays complex.