Callander, Stirlingshire, Southern Highlands
out of 10
If a holiday break was located in a nice address, it would be Strathyre Lodges. It is almost poetic that one destination would overlook the majestic Beni Ledi Mountain, be within walking distance from the mountains of the Trossachs and sit on the banks of the beautiful Loch Lubnaig. And aye, the Strathyre Lodges have the honour of being that ‘poetic’ destination. It is a spot that royalty would choose for a romantic break.
The spellbinding views of the estate are protected by the Forestry commission and so you can make this destination your regular haunt in the full knowledge that it will remain as beautiful in the foreseeable future. The wooden lodges have hot tubs that allow you to relax and unwind after a long day in the woods.
If you love water sports, then you are in luck. There are numerous water activities in nearby properties. For those that love nature, then you will be staying in the most natural holiday spot in the United Kingdom. Amazingly, you will not be that far from civilization. The city of Glasgow is just 39 miles away. You can drive there and back without any inconveniences. Welcome to Strathyre.
What to Expect
There are a total of 6 log cabins at Strathyre. All have hot tubs except the Copper Beech Lodge. The lodges have different capacities, with 4 of them sleeping up to 4 guests and the remainder 2 hosting up to 6 guests. The accommodations are suitable to host families, groups of friends, and couples on a romantic break. They feature fully equipped kitchens, shower or bath tub options, decks with garden furniture and spacious living rooms with state-of-the-art entertainment equipment.
Your dining experience will be taken to a new high at the Strathyre Forest Cabins. Apart from cooking your meals in the lodge’s kitchens, you can venture out to the restaurants listed below and learn more about Perthshire’s dining scene. Take a look at the list.
- Brasserie at Crieff Hydro in Crieff about 18.7 miles away – This will be an opportune time to sample the famous Scottish Venison. In addition, you can eat prawn rolls, wasabi and enjoy a round of cocktails.
- Olivia’s Restaurant in Stirling about 17.6 miles away – This restaurant serves Thai food and Scottish fare.
- The Birds and the Bees in Causewayhead about 17.0 miles away – The restaurant provides an environment to get cosy and intimate over a delicious meal.
- Drovers Inn in Inverarnan about 16.9 miles away – The whiskeys served here will make you a return customer.
- Ardlui Hotel, Ardlui about 16.6 miles away – Here, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Trossachs National Park as well as the Loch Lomond. The hotel has a restaurant that serves delectable dishes.
Local Attractions (All within a 20 miles radius)
Your trip to Strathyre Lodges will not be complete without exploring the many and varied attractions of Perthshire. Below is a list of the different categories of the attractions. Go out and have fun!
- Historical Attractions – Stirling Castle, Bannockburn Battlefields and Argyll & Sutherland Regiment
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Loch Lomond Wakeboard, AMF Bowling, Stirling Ice Rink, and Cruise Loch Lomond.
- Where to Go for a Great Day Out – Blair Drummond Safari Park, Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre, and David Marshall Visitor Centre.
- Beautiful Garden to Explore – Drummond Gardens
- Great Cycling and Walking Locations – The Arrochar Alps, Argyll Forest Park, Cycle Hire, Glen Loin/ Arrochar Loop, Ben Vane and Loch Sloy Dam Walk.
- Other Attractions – Briarlands Farm, Crianlarich Town, Tarbet Town, the Arrochar Town and the Famous Grouse Experience.