GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Darwin Forest Country Park
Darwin Forest Country Park sits amidst the beautiful woods between the towns of Bakewell and Matlock. It is an awesome location to break to when your goal is to explore the beautiful Derbyshire countryside. The alluring landscapes of the Derbyshire Peak District are a stone throw away. You will get to explore quaint towns, interact with the locals and visit historic attractions such as Chatsworth House.
Facilities open to guests use at the Darwin Forest Country Park include a gym, a swimming pool, beauty therapy centre and spa. If you are travelling with the kids, make sure to take them to the Little Monkeys Play Centre. There is also an outdoor play area for the kids as well.
Popular holiday activities at the Darwin Forest Park include mini golf, cycling in the woods, tennis, fine dining and much more. Bring along all those that you care about. You don’t want to enjoy all that there is to enjoy here alone. Make fond memories. And above all, make sure you find happiness.
What To Expect
- Indoor heated pool
- Outdoor hot tubs
- Children’s play area
- Sauna, steam room and spa
- Explorers Café
- Wi-Fi access
- Woodland to explore
- Mini-golf, tennis, cycles for hire
- Foresters Restaurant and Bar
Darwin Forest Country Park Facilities:
There are a total of 8 hot tub lodges at the Darwin Forest Country Park. Of these, 3 are pet friendly. There are lodges for 3 people, 4 people, 6 people and 8 people. So there is an accommodation option for couples out on a romantic break as well as large families on a long holiday. Other amenities that you can expect to find in the rooms include; flat screen TV, washing machine, freezers, Wi-Fi access, shower or bath options, and spacious living rooms.
Your dining needs are well taken care of at the Foresters Restaurant and Bar. You can either have your meal inside the restaurant or on the terrace where you will enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding Derbyshire countryside.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
- Yearly Events – There are a number of yearly festivities that you should be part of during your stay at the park. These include; National Trust Properties, Snowdrops at Hopton Hall, Heights of Abraham, Royal Shrovetide Football, Great British Food Festival, Bakewell Food Festival, Chesterfield Walking Festival, Chatsworth International Horse Trials, L’Eroica Britannia, Cromford Steam Rally, Ashover Show, and Chatsworth Country Fair.
- Ladybower and Derwent Reservoir – The scenic cycling trails at this location are stunning, views beyond belief.
- Tideswell and Cressbrook Dale – Enjoy watching the trout in the rivers and limestone dales here.
- Nature and Parks to Visit – Heights of Abraham, Cromford Canal, Lumsdale Valley, Matlock Bath Aquarium and Exhibitions, Hall Ley Park, Lea Gardens, Whitworth Park, Longacre Fishery, Derwent Gardens and Cascade Gardens.
- For fun – If you are fun seeker, you will find it in plenty at Escape Comedy Park and Steeple Grange Light Railway. The latter is especially great if you are travelling with the little ones.
- Museums – Here is our top museums to visit; Crich Tramway Village, Sir Richard Arkwright’s Masson Mills, Peak District Mining Museum and Redhouse Stables and Carriage Museums.
- Sights and Landmarks – If you do nothing else during your stay at Darwin Forest Country Park, make sure you visit the following landmarks, and take a photograph or two; Cromford Canal, Matlock Farm Park, Lover’s Walk and Matlock Bath, Nine Ladies Stone Circle, St. Giles Church and Leawood Pumphouse.