GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Old Nene Golf and Country Club
Old Nene Golf and Country Club is a Cambridgeshire landmark – more so because it epitomizes the glorious rural landscapes that the county has come to be associated with. Whether you love golfing or not, this country club is a place you cannot ignore. Its hot tub lodges feature the latest hospitality amenities. It is the best place to take your family or friends for a welcome break.
The lodges are made of wooden logs. They are stylish without doing away with the country elegance. They overlook the manicured fairways of a 9-hole golf course. After a great hot tub soaking session, guests can go to the gastro pub and restaurant within the golf club.
The surrounding towns are historical and yet modern. They have a bustling nightlife, a host of restaurants, bars and shops. They cater for every need. You will be especially impressed by Huntingdon, Cambridge and Peterborough.
What To Expect
- 9-hole golf course
- Clubhouse and bar
- A fishing lake
- A floodlit driving range
- Freeview flat screen TV/DVD
- Outdoor hot tub
- Bath/overhead shower
- Wi-Fi access
- Beds made up before arrival
- Towels, duvets and bed linens
- Pets allowed at £20 each
- No smoking
- Travel cots & highchairs free of charge
Old Nene Golf and Country Club Facilities:
There are 2 hot tub lodges at the country club. These are;
- Snead Lodge VIP – Sleeps 2, great for romance, spacious king-size double, paved breakfast area, open plan living/dining/kitchen areas, vaulted ceilings, decking area with garden furniture, golf course views, and outdoor hot tub.
- Hogan Lodge VIP – Sleeps 4, great for families and/or couples, master king double and 1 twin, open plan living/dining/kitchen areas, vaulted ceilings, decking area with garden furniture, golf course views, and outdoor hot tub.
There is a clubhouse and a bar serving some of the most tasty delicacies to be found in the whole of Cambridgeshire. You can also prepare your own meals in the lodge’s kitchen. For those that want more local culinary experiences, you are well advised to go to the towns of Huntingdon and Peterborough where you will find real ales and great local culinary delights on the menu.
The country club owns an L-shaped fishing lake that is stocked with rudd, roach, tench carp and bream fish. To fish here, it will cost you £5 per session. Note that allowed fishing hours are 8am to dusk.
Guests have the chance to attend a clinic offering physiotherapy services for the professional golfers. How about that, huh? The clinic boasts a Pilates studio and a fully-equipped treatment room.
For £199 per 30 minutes, you can learn how to play golf under the instruction of professional golfers.
Ramsey Ravens Archery Club offers you a chance at trying your hand on the Old Nene Golf Country Club’s driving range.
Whether you are an experienced golfer or a beginner, you will find the course here challenging. It gives you the training you need to tackle any course.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
Apart from all the fun to be had onsite, if you dare to move out, you will find other attractions that will make your holiday even more interesting. Below are some of these;
- Spa and Wellness – At Huntingdon Spa you will be introduced to all manner of therapies including massage, manicures and pedicures among others.
- Museums – Houghton Mill and the Cromwell Museum
- Nearby Landmarks – Johnsons Farm Old Hurst and the Manor at Hemingford Grey
- Where to Shop – Niche Comics and Bookshop, Cambs Lock Antiques Centre
- Fun and Games – Go to Cineworld Cinema or Grafham Water Centre
- Outdoor Games and Activities – Brampton Park Golf Club, Purvis Marine, Cambridge Golf & Conference Centre, and Virgin Balloon Flights.
- Parks – Visit Hinchingbrooke Country Park.