GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Colwell Bay
Let’s paint a mental picture of Colwell Bay. Envisage a beach-side village, complete with log cabins and cottages. There are holiday makers here and there and laughter comes easily to them. On one side, there is a couple enjoying a soak in an outdoor hot tub and on the other corner, there are children trying to outdo each other making sand castles.
Further afield, there are sweaty parents playing tennis and trying a little too hard to look young and athletic. These are the scenes you see on a typical day at Colwell Bay.
Colwell Bay is part of the larger Daisy Door Cottage Collection brand that bills itself as an eminent holiday provider. It has designed Colwell Bay to follow the dramatic Isle of Wight’s architecture. The lodges are built to host families, couples and friends looking to have quality time during their holiday break. Some of the lodges even feature an outdoor hot tub and barbecue areas.
What to Expect
- Outdoor hot tubs and indoor heated pool
- Tennis courts
- Access to the beach
- Free view flat screen TV in the living room
- Radio and iPod docking stations
- Wi-Fi Access
- Kitchen equipped with; microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher and dryer
- Beds with linens and duvets; made up before your arrival
Colwell Bay Facilities:
The Isle of Wight and Water sports
Colwell Bay is a haven for water lovers. It is located on the Isle of Wight, the second largest island in UK and a popular resort destination. It brims with water sports activities ranging from sailing and sunbathing to fishing and extreme sports. You will not only get a chance to walk on cliff tops overlooking the sea but also swim in crystal clear blue waters. The tan you get from sunbathing on the beach will make your friends jealous. Welcome to Colwell Bay!
There are 4 accommodations in Colwell Bay. Three of these can host up to 4 guests while the fourth one can sleep up to 6 guests. Two of the accommodations (Yarmouth and Norton) feature outdoor hot tubs. You will want for nothing at Colwell Bay. Your comfort is the first priority to the support staff here.
If you are feeling lazy and do not feel like cooking, don’t worry. There are many restaurants and bars nearby whose menu will take your taste buds to seventh heaven. Take a look below;
- Berties of Highcliffe Fish and Chips in Highcliffe about 8.0 miles away– You will be served fish and chips here.
- Cauldron Bistro in Swanage about 19.2 miles away – This restaurant specialises in French cuisine. However, you are also well advised to try the freshly caught scallops, lobsters, prawns, and crabs.
- Coriander in Bournemouth about 15.2 miles away – Expect to be served with either vegetarian dishes or traditional Mexican dishes. The restaurant is a great place to host parties.
- Landmarc Restaurant Theatre in Bournemouth about 15.2 miles away – This is a fine dining restaurant. Expect great cuisines from all over the world.
- Da Vinci’s Warehouse Brasserie in Poole about 19.8 miles away – You will be served with seafood.
- Carters Bar & Restaurant in Shanklin about 16.1 miles away – This is popular for serving great wines.
- Keats Cottage in Shanklin about 16.3 miles away – Here, you get home-cooked meals and excellent wines.
- The Blacksmiths Arms in Newport about 8.5 miles away – You will be served with Newport’s traditional delicacies.
- Steephill Cove Café in Ventnor about 15.4 miles away – You will be served with local foods including crabs and sandwiches.
- Ciao Restaurant in Bournemouth about 15.0 miles away – Expect delicacies such as steak, chicken, pasta, sea bass, and pizza on this restaurant’s menu.
- The Corner Restaurant in Swanage about 19.2 miles away – You will be served with freshly caught fish.
You cannot exhaust the list of attractions around Colwell Bay in one visit. The trick is to try and visit as many as possible in each of the categories listed below.
- Historical Attractions – Godshill Model Village, Fort Victoria, Carisbrooke Castle, Museum of Electricity, Brownsea Island Castle, Highcliffe Castle, Dinosaur Farm Museum, Bournemouth Aviation Museum, The Needles Old Battery, Osborne House, Brading the Experience, Swanage Museum and Heritage Centre, and Royal Navy Submarine Museum. All the above attractions lie within a 20-mile radius from Colwell Bay.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Jolly Roger’s Place, Newport Golf Club, South Coast Kitesurfing, Surfsteps, Ocean Sports, San Gina Fishing, Gosport Ice Rink, L A Bowl, Ventnor Paddling Pool, TAL Scuba Ltd, and Bournemouth Surf School. They are all within a 20-mile radius from Colwell Bay.
- Where to have a Great Day Out – Oceanarium, Blackgang Chine, Adventure Wonderland, Butterfly & Fountain World, Amazon World, Gus Gorilla’s Jungle Playground, Paultons Family Theme Park, Robin Hill Country Adventure Park, Isle of Wight Zoo, and Dinosaur Isle. They all lie within a 20-mile radius from Colwell Bay
- Beautiful Gardens to Explore – Furzey Gardens, Knoll Gardens, Alum Chine Tropical Gardens, Compton Acres, Mottiston Manor Garden, and Ventnor Botantic Gardens. Find the above gardens within a 20-mile radius from Colwell Bay.
- Nearby Beaches – Mudeford Sandbank East Beach, Alum Chine Beach, Ryde Beach, Colwell Beach, Eype’s Mouth Beach, Avon Beach, Gurnard Beach, Cowes Beach, Branksome Chine Beach, Canford Cliffs Chine Beach, Bournemouth Central Beach, and Ventnor Beach. You will find the beaches in a 20-mile radius.
- Awesome Places to Walk and Cycle – The South West Coast Path, Woodside Beach, Brighstone & The Downs, The Sunshine Trail, Newport Circular, and Brighstone & Chale Circular. Find the above locations in a 20-mile radius from Colwell Bay.
- Beautiful Nearby Nature Reserves – Studland and Godlingston Heath, Durlston Country Park and Brownsea Island. All of the above reserves are located within a 20-miles radius from Colwell Bay.
- Other Attractions – Bournemouth Pier Theatre, The Avenue Shopping Centre, Madina Theatre, Bournemouth O2 Academy, Cowes Town in the Isle of Wight, Ventnor Town in the Isle of Wight, Newport Town, and The Mulberry Tree Gallery. You will find the above attractions and towns within a 20-mile radius from the Colwell Bay.