GET THE BEST DEALS ON THIS LODGE
Check availability and see loads more pictures >>>
About Conifer Lodges
Romantic weekend breaks are best held in out-of-way destinations to avoid distractions. Conifer lodges offer just that. They are set in an amazing and exclusive Scottish countryside, about 1 mile from the equally impressive Newton Town. Towering pine trees and undulating countryside will keep you company for the time you will stay here.
Tens of holiday activities await you. You can soak in the outdoor hot tub or enjoy a round of golf in the adjoining golf course. You can fish at the Palnure Barn or commune with nature in the Galloway Forest. If cycling is your thing, Kirroughtree bike trails are inexhaustible.
What to Expect
- Pets friendly
- Outdoor hot tub
- No smoking
- Central air conditioning
- Beds with; duvets, linens, are made before your arrival
- Fresh towels
- Veranda with furniture
- Kitchen with microwave
- Cots/highchairs available at a small additional fee
- Babies included in the total party numbers
Conifer Lodges Facilities:
The Log Cabins
The wooden lodges are appointed with the latest amenities in the hospitality industry. You will lack for nothing. The kitchens are well-equipped and the living rooms tastefully furnished. Families travelling with pets will find this destination especially ideal as it offers superb care for your pet.
The Scandinavian-style wooden lodges are customised to host even the most demanding of guests. There are 5 lodges, 4 of which feature an outdoor hot tub. They can sleep as little as 2 guests and as many as 6 guests each. They are furnished with double or king-size beds. Some of the cabins also feature a decking area with furniture.
You would want a holiday destination that offers you a variety of dining options. Conifer lodges offers you more than this. You will not only be able to prepare your own meals in the kitchens but also have a selection of great restaurants from where you can sample local produce and international fares. Below are some of the most celebrated nearby restaurants;
- The Smithy Tearoom and Gift Shop – This restaurant is located in Dumfries and Galloway about 15.0 miles from Conifer Lodges. Its specialty is homemade meals prepared using local produce. You will sample the tastiest cheese scones, tray bakes and homemade cakes.
- Castle Restaurant – Located at Kirkcudbright about 18.7 miles from Conifer Lodges, this restaurant not only gives impressive views of the castle but also serves imaginative menus.
- The Old School House – This restaurant is located at Castle Douglas about 17.4 miles from Conifer Lodges. It is popular with travellers for its well-crafted quick bites as well as relaxed environment.
- The Masonic Arms – Located at Gatehouse of Fleet about 12.8 miles from Conifer Lodges, this restaurant is the place to go if you want to sample Real Ales and awesome Scottish food.
- The Clansman Restaurant – This restaurant is located at Port William about 14.9 miles from Conifer Lodges. On its menu are popular Scottish dishes such as haggis, calamari, prawns, steak and gammon.
Local Attractions (All within a 20-mile radius)
You can make your stay at the Conifer Lodges even more memorable if you get to explore as many of the local attractions as possible. You can explore ancient castles, explore woodlands, pop into tens of idyllic villages and towns, go cycling on scenic trails among other holiday activities. Below are several categories of local attractions.
- Nearby Sporting Facilities – Laggan Outdoor, Galloway Sailing Centre and Galloway Activity centre.
- Beautiful Garden to Explore – Galloway Forest Park in Wigtownshire. This is a perfect place to go for an awesome picnic. It is also quiet enough that you can catch up with your reading.
- Nature Reserves – There are 2 nature reserves nearby. These include; Galloway Forest Park and Galloway Wildlife Conservation Park. In the former, you will enjoy a good variety of wildlife ranging from birds, insects, and mammals. The latter is home to 150 species of endangered animals.